Saturday, September 10, 2011

Welcome!

Hello there fellow theatre-goers,

If you have found your way here to my humble sight then like me you a) love theatre and b) are actively interested in exploring and understanding the impact of deaf theatre as it sweeps through the community. With the Festival of Deaf Theatre fast approaching this blog is here to help guide and inform you of the rich culture of deafness in performance.

I think that one of the best ways that I can introduce you to the beauty of deaf theatre is to show you this clip from the Tony award winning musical Big River which was performed by Deaf West Theatre in 2004 (who we'll be learning more about some other time).


This production was absolutely amazing as it enthralled both hearing and non-hearing audiences with their beautiful physicality, energy and musical prowess.

Well that's all from me for the moment. I hope that this short look into deaf theatre has inspired some of you to become as obsessed as I have.

See you later alligator,
ChloeB

No comments:

Post a Comment